Tight labor market is reason for unfilled jobs, survey says

By Bruce Herbst | July 12, 2017 | 0 Comments

July 12 2017 StaffingIndustry.com It’s getting harder to fill jobs — and a lack of available applicants is the top reason why, according to a survey released today. Almost a quarter of participants, 24%, said it is “very difficult” to recruit and fill positions and another 46% said it is “somewhat difficult.” In total, 70% reported…

Read More

4 Reasons Recruiters Throw Out Your Resume

By Bruce Herbst | June 19, 2017 | 0 Comments

Hiring managers aren’t seeing your resume. Here’s why. By J.T. O’Donnell Job seekers are frustrated — for good reason. If you’ve ever spent hours filling out online job applications, only to never hear a word back from the employer, you know what I’m talking about. Unfortunately, job seekers are uneducated on what happens once they…

Read More

Don’t Stop Your Job Search because it’s Summer

By Bruce Herbst | July 6, 2017 | 0 Comments

The 4th of July is now past. For many, seven weeks of summer remain.   You may be wondering whether to pause or delay your job search. While it’s true that the recruiting process can slow down during the summer months, my personal opinion is that the summer is actually a great time to look into…

Read More

“I quit” said three million of your fellow citizens in the month of May.

By Bruce Herbst | June 12, 2017 | 0 Comments

“I quit” said three million of your fellow citizens in the month of May. And that’s a good thing. The job market is the strongest we have seen in a decade. Businesses are very confident and are hiring. Which makes employees, professionals, and wage earners very confident that it’s OK to say “I quit” because…

Read More

Gain a Huge Advantage, Work with 3rd Party Recruiters

By Bruce Herbst | June 5, 2017 | 0 Comments

By: Jim Lotz They manage passive and active candidates Utilizing both types of candidate can easily raise the quality of each new hire. Passive candidates have a much higher retention rate. Think about it: these people are leaving their current career because there is an opportunity that they are more interested in pursuing long term.…

Read More