Posts Tagged ‘jobs’
Tight labor market is reason for unfilled jobs, survey says
July 12 2017 StaffingIndustry.com It’s getting harder to fill jobs — and a lack of available applicants is the top reason why, according to a survey released today. Almost a quarter of participants, 24%, said it is “very difficult” to recruit and fill positions and another 46% said it is “somewhat difficult.” In total, 70% reported…Read More
“I quit” said three million of your fellow citizens in the month of May.
“I quit” said three million of your fellow citizens in the month of May. And that’s a good thing. The job market is the strongest we have seen in a decade. Businesses are very confident and are hiring. Which makes employees, professionals, and wage earners very confident that it’s OK to say “I quit” because…Read More
How Workforces can Prepare for Software Stealing our Jobs
It’s time to face facts: Employees throughout the world are are struggling to compete in a fast-moving and dynamic global job market, thanks to an unprecedented number of technological advancements and highly linked information networks. The pace of transformational technological change has been greater in the past few decades than we have seen in all…Read More
Looking for a job? Starting salaries are going up!
Starting salaries for professional occupations are expected to increase nationwide by an average of 3.6% in 2017. Base salaries are expected to rise in 2017. As you might imagine, the gains in the technology sector will be higher than average, at 3.8%. With skilled professionals in high demand and short supply, more employers are willing…Read More